According to the ESBB's vision and mission, the aim is to meet the following goals in the field of biobanking and biopreservation of biological resources (human, animal, plant, microbial and environmental) within Europe, Middle-East, Africa, and beyond.
- Identify issues encountered in the biobanking field and provide solutions.
- Encourage and support high professional standards in biobanking.
- Provide high value membership services in the biobanking field.
- Encourage participation from a wide range of stakeholders in the biobanking field across the EMEA region.
- Provide a strong united voice for biobankers to influence development of their field.
- Partner with other key organizations involved with or related to biobanking.
- Encourage and support public-private biobank-related partnerships because of their scientific, medical and commercial importance.
- Promote and encourage multidisciplinary collaboration between biobankers, research communities and other key stakeholders.
- Promote multi-stakeholder support for biobanking.