ESBB’s mission is to advance the field of biobanking in support of research relating to healthcare, agriculture and the environment. The focus is on Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
- Goal 1. Identify problems in the biobanking field and provide solutions.
- Goal 2. Encourage high professional standards in biobanking.
- Goal 3. Provide high value membership services for key actors in the biobanking field.
- Goal 4. Encourage participation from a wide range of repositories across the EMEA region.
- Goal 5. Provide a strong united voice for biobankers in the region, to influence development of their field.
- Goal 6. Partner with other organizations involved with, or related to biobanking.
- Goal 7. Encourage and support public-private biobank-related partnerships because of their scientific, medical and commercial importance.
- Goal 8. Promote stakeholder support for biobanking.
ESBB’s values include:
- Sharing: Share ideas and resources to promote synergy.
- Inclusiveness: Include all relevant groups, to maximise the benefits that our society can provide.
- Teamwork: Ensure harmonisation of biobanking practices and to capitalise on the “power of many”.
- Democracy: Ensure a sense of fairness and encourage member support.
- Recognition: Recognise and encourage the work of volunteer members.